D26992: [SystemTray] Use unified data model everywhere

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 2 21:52:44 BST 2020

kmaterka marked an inline comment as done.
kmaterka added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kossebau wrote in systemtray.h:100
> Thanks for your reply. Okay, so seems you did not hit anything related.
>
> Thing is, you added
> ``
> Q_INVOKABLE Plasma::Service *serviceForSource(const QString &source);
>
>   here, whereas the JavaScript code before was calling serviceForSource() on a Plasma::DataSource class, which does not return the type "Plasma::Service *", but "QObject *", cmp. its method definition
>
> Q_INVOKABLE QObject *serviceForSource(const QString &source);
>
>   and the JavaScript engine for a plain QObject simply exposes any Q_INVOKABLEs and slot methods, that's why no extra registration would be needed (AFAIK).
>
>   So still a mystery to me why this here seems to work, too bad :)

Oh, OK, now I remember, sorry for misinforming you...

I haven't had any problems with this, it "Just Worked" :) Maybe it should return just plain QObject*, I'm not experienced in this area, what do you think?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace