D21225: set the wallpaper when applying look and feel

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 29 13:14:56 GMT 2020

davidedmundson added a comment.

  I'm not completely blocking this, but I have two concerns with this patch:

  ----------

  1. wallpaper is somewhat different to the other configs, I'm not super convinced we want to reset it without prompts

  ----------

  2. the resetting has potential to mess with 3rd parties setting the wallpaper.

  From a customer project we have:
  usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/net.bluesystems.[redacted]/contents/plasmoidsetupscripts/org.kde.plasma.folder.js:applet.writeConfig("Image", "file:///usr/share/wallpapers/[redated]os.jpg")

  Currently:
  if you click on the lnf with reset layout you go to the lnf set one. That will result in it switching to the distro set one if available otherwise fall back to lnf
  if  you click on the lnf without reset layout you don't change the wallpaper at all

  After this patch:
  if you click on the lnf with reset layout everything is as before. That's all good.

  if you click on the lnf without reset layout we will:

  - if defaults exist and wallpaper is set, change it
  - if defaults exist and wallpaper is not set, do nothing
  - if defaults does not exist, load the wallpaper from the superclass lnf

  Which might seem a bit random.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop