D26986: WIP-NotWorking: Try to fix flicker of screen while locked and detaching screens

Tomaz Canabrava noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 29 12:00:29 GMT 2020

tcanabrava created this revision.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
tcanabrava requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This patch tries - and fails - to fix the flicker of screens while
  the kscreenlocker_greeter is active. The reasoning of the patch is
  simple:

  instead of deleting the overlays in the vector untill we have as
  many overlays as screens, we check if a overlay belongs to a screen
  that's currently plugged in, deleting only those that don't have
  a screen anymore.

  and then, instead of going thru all of the views and updating the
  geometry and position, we only set that once for each overlay created.

  This is not by all means something that I want to merge, as currently
  is broken, but given the current implementation is also broken I think
  it's safe to assume a 'v1' so we can discuss what's wrong on both
  implementations.

  To test the bug: plug two monitors, run the locker, detach and reattach
  the monitors. on detaching (but not reattaching) the monitor will flicker
  and display the contents of what's behind the locked screen.

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker

BRANCH
  wip_fix_screenlocker_detach_reattach