Notes for 27/01/2020 monday meeting

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 11:45:34 GMT 2020

Kai Uwe:
* Wrote a blog post on some of the non-KDE code that still benefits
our overall ecosystem I did:
https://blog.broulik.de/2020/01/venturing-out/
Notifications:
* Added quick reply to Telegram Desktop client \o/ Supposedly that
release is already out.
* When there is only a reply action, now shows reply text field right away
* Reply text is emitted as a targeted DBus signal now
* Fixed Chrome not using native notifications when in Plasma autostart
as it gets started too early
    * Could be an issue on our side with starting apps before plasmashell?
* As a little side exercise I did an OBS (Open Broadcaster Studio)
plug-in for enabling do not disturb mode while recording:
https://github.com/kbroulik/obs-fdo-notifications-dnd
Other:
* Added some Breeze cursor name aliases that were used but "up for
discussion" since 2003
* Global animation speed slider now affects GTK, if set to "Instant"
GTK animations are turned off as well
* Investigated why Konsole's "Open link" context menu wouldn't show
while the search field is shown

David E:
* The potential Qt crisis with fonts got resolved
* my revert to merged, and 5.14.1 will hopefully be drama free
* I fixed a system settings crash and a bug with kwin decos not saving
* both were fairly boring and minor
* Also, I will be at FOSDEM this weekend
* I'm meeting some people to discuss the plasma systemd boot upstuff
* so we can sync with what gnome are doing

Vlad:
* I have two patch series on Phabricator that I would like to be reviewed
* one for size constraints on wayland
* and the other one tries to fix misuse of windowGeometryShapeChanged signal
* would be great if someone could review
    Diff 26927 "Schedule a decoration repaint when client is resized"
[Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D26927
* Diff 26914 "[x11] Fix visual artifacts during interactive resize"
[Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D26914

Arjen:
* I just have https://phabricator.kde.org/D26686 that I should land
    Diff 26686 "Remove scrollbar related workarounds from list
delegates" [Accepted] https://phabricator.kde.org/D26686
* And also I'm working on a rework of AbstractCard using a distance
field shader to do the rendering of shadows/rectangle, still in early
stages

Marco:
# Breeze
* small fix for scrollbars pixel perfectness
# KCMUtils
* prefer new kcms to old ones during plugin loading
# Kirigami
* Fix some problems related to FormLayout and OverlaySheet combination
* respect Layout.fillWidth of items in FormLayout when in mobile mode
* auto scroll overlaysheet when typing in it and pressing return
(which would move the cursor out of sight)
# Systemsettings
* Start of a KInfoCenter mode for SystemSettings in prevision to kill
KInfoCenter D26895 D26896
# QML grabber
* some more bug fixes