D26806: [Applets/Power Manager] Update layout based on T10470

George Vogiatzis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 24 17:58:07 GMT 2020

gvgeo marked 5 inline comments as done.
gvgeo added a comment.

  After some effort, I reached in these conclusions:
  1.Is not that big of a problem to specify width in a layout. The big problem is specifying preferredWidth and height in the same item. Breaks the dimensions, this is what got me confused.
  2.Item set as property, does not get managed by layout.

  There are still some width set in places. That do not respond to preferredWidth, minimumWidth or maximumWidth.

INLINE COMMENTS

> BatteryItem.qml:112
> +                    height: implicitHeight
> +                    width: modelData.label ? detailsLayout.leftColumnWidth : detailsLayout.rightColumnWidth
> +                    wrapMode: Text.NoWrap

This does not react to preferredWidth, minimumWidth or maximumWidth. Is it really managed by Layout?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace