D26880: [Task Manager] Draw audio icon highlight effect behind the icon, not in front of it

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 23 22:21:29 GMT 2020

filipf added a comment.

  In D26880#600026 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26880#600026>, @abetts wrote:

  > I would suggest a circular button instead of square.

  I also think this would look more attractive. I've already investigated the possibility and here's a few notes:

  - our hover/higlight effect is not made to be circular
  - we'd have to create a new CircularHighlight component or simply a new SVG for this
  - drawback: 3rd party themes wouldn't have this SVG for some time

  - I already tried bending the existing SVG to a circle with an opacity mask but that would only worked with filled-style highlights:

  F7927015: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7927015>
  F7927017: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7927017>

  - alternatively we could use a QML rectangle but I don't really like that approach, and not just because it's unthemable but because we won't be able to guarantee it will be legible with all themes

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop