T12567: Reduce code/effort duplication around color scheme support

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 21 20:22:54 GMT 2020

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > QML can use C++ functions right? Would we still need to make property bindings for all the colors if we had color() functions?

  C++ functions can be exposed to QML.

  However:

    color: myObject.color(fooBar);

  has one behaviour big behavioural difference to

    color: myObject.fooBarColor;

  The former won't know when to update, the latter can.

  As for the duplication a lot is simply down to layering and dependency issues of the time. If we can move this, then we're sorted.
  Extending QPalette would be the ideal solution to that.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T12567