D26256: [Applet] Make 'raise maximum volume' global

George Vogiatzis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 20 09:53:13 GMT 2020

gvgeo updated this revision to Diff 73920.
gvgeo added a comment.

  Raise maximum volume has the potential to aid in speaker blowout. Although this requires a system not properly configured (an amplifier too powerful with no limiter). I expect this to be the case only with DIY audio setups.

  I know that in theory it should be safe, and can only create distortions. And damage to speaker can happen with a very high sound, without raise functionality.
  Despite this I feel this option has no place to be so accessible in the applet(calling, for example, kids to try the 'Boost' button).

  Because time has been already invested in these patches, the only change I made was disabling the checkbox. That way, YOU can easily enable it.
  Sorry for the inconvenience, so late too.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D26256?vs=73239&id=73920