D26719: [Battery Monitor] Glow icon on hover

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 16 22:20:42 GMT 2020

kmaterka added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> CompactRepresentation.qml:67
> -                    pluggedIn: batteryContainer.pluggedIn
> -                    height: isConstrained ? batteryContainer.iconSize : batteryContainer.iconSize - batteryLabel.height
> -                    width: height

`batteryLabel` does not exist anymore, it was replaced by `BadgeOverlay`

> CompactRepresentation.qml:86
>
> -                BadgeOverlay {
> -                    anchors.fill: batteryIcon
> -                    text: batteryContainer.hasBattery ? i18nc("battery percentage below battery icon", "%1%", percent) : i18nc("short symbol to signal there is no battery currently available", "-")
> -                    icon: batteryIcon
> -                    visible: plasmoid.configuration.showPercentage
> +                GammaAdjust {
> +                    anchors.fill: batteryItem

Is it a good candidate for a component? It can be reused in Notifications applet.

> CompactRepresentation.qml:87
> +                GammaAdjust {
> +                    anchors.fill: batteryItem
> +                    source: batteryItem

Must be a sibling

> CompactRepresentation.qml:89
> +                    source: batteryItem
> +                    gamma: root.containsMouse ? (1.0 / 0.7) : 1
> +

0.7 is from KIconEffect::init() <https://phabricator.kde.org/source/kiconthemes/browse/master/src/kiconeffect.cpp;v5.66.0$111>. Theoretically it can be overwritten by kglobalconfig: ["DesktopIcons"]["ActiveEffect"]["value"], but I looked and found no usage of this config parameter.
In fact, the effect itself can be overwritten by a config value...