D26688: WIP: [Night Color] Display time when the next transition will start

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 15 18:59:40 GMT 2020

zzag added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> anthonyfieroni wrote in main.qml:57
> The bigger todo is hardcoded 6500K ?

6500K is the neutral screen color temperature. Although I don't think that I follow you. Do you recommend not to hardcode this constant?

> ngraham wrote in main.qml:59
> This is a comma splice. Change to:
>
> Night Color is not active. The next transition...
>
> or
>
> Night Color is not active; the next transition...
>
> or
>
> Night Color is not active, but the next transition...

Thank you very much for suggesting correct messages. As a VDG person, do you have tips how to better inform the user that Night Color currently doesn't have any effect and it will activate a bit later? Given tight time budget, I don't target 5.18 so no rush. Although it would be great to get this little feature in the next release.

Also, what time format should we use? The current one is way too informative if you ask me.

I'm pretty happy about the backend side, but the frontend obviously still needs some work... :(

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons