D26688: WIP: [Night Color] Display time when the next transition will start

Vlad Zahorodnii noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 15 12:16:23 GMT 2020

zzag created this revision.
zzag added reviewers: Plasma, VDG.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
zzag requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently the applet displays "Night Color is active (%screen color
  temperature% K)" all the time even if the screen is not actually
  red-ish. It may be really confusing for ordinary people and I expect
  that a few bug reports saying "the applet shows that Night Color is
  active, but in reality it isn't" might be reported.

  The best thing would be to display "Night Color is not active, the next
  transition will start at %datetime% and end at %datetime%" or something
  along the line.

  This patch is still WIP because I'm not 100% sure how to present this
  kind of information to user.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons

BRANCH
  show-next-transition-timings

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/nightcolor/package/contents/ui/main.qml
  applets/nightcolor/plugin/monitor.cpp
  applets/nightcolor/plugin/monitor.h
  applets/nightcolor/plugin/monitor_p.h