D26655: show a thin separator between view and scrollbar

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 14 16:22:30 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  Regarding the thickened scrollbars, I think it makes sense for a few reasons:

  - Acknowledging user feedback: we've had a bunch of complaints about the thin scrollbars.
  - Usability: even though the click area was the same size for the thin inactive scrollbars, it didn't //look// as large. This can make people subconsciously position their cursors more precisely than they need to
  - If we draw a separator line but keep the thin scrollbar, then the track looks much too wide because the thin inactive scroll handle looks lost in the wide track. But we can't make the track narrower since it has to accommodate the scroll handle's thicker expanded width too. Much simpler and more visually pleasing to just make it always thicker and not change its size on hover.
  - IMO the overall result just looks good. :)

  F7883097: Screenshot_20200114_091952.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7883097>

  F7883099: Scrollers.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7883099>

  F7883100: Scroller 2.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7883100>

REPOSITORY