D26544: Switch the Plasma Desktop KCMs to using KNewStuffQuick

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 14 09:54:45 GMT 2020

leinir added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in colors.cpp:128
> This wraps a lot of existing functionality into that conditional as well. Was all of that stuff broken and useless without D26543 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26543>?
>
> Everything seems to work anyway, but I'm curious to know if everything here needs to be wrapped up in this.

All the code inside this conditional is for setting the most recent newly installed theme as the currently selected - perhaps a slightly long winded way of doing so, but yup, that's really all it does :) (and if it can't use the data being pulled out of the changedEntries, there doesn't seem any good reason to run the rest of the code which arguably would build and run, as it just wouldn't do anything)

> ngraham wrote in kcmcursortheme.cpp:433
> ditto

Also ditto - all the code here depends on having an entry to work with, and if that can't be pulled out of changedEntries (which doesn't work until 5.67) then there's no particularly good reason to run the other bits of the code :)

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop