D26572: Always render checkbox/radiobutton background

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 13 19:19:11 GMT 2020

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  In D26572#593496 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26572#593496>, @ndavis wrote:

  > What I meant is that I did not change the color of the checkbox background in this patch. I only made it so that the background would always be rendered.

  Clear enough. Indeed you did not change the colors, and it led to an unwanted visual change. Sorry for not having caught that up during review. (in fact it now leads to an inconsistency between checkboxes in menus and checkboxes in windows).

  > It seems like it might be a good idea to detect whether or not the button is being rendered in a view area and then set it to View Background.

  yes

  > Otherwise, it should be Window Background. Doing it that way would preserve the original look in most cases.

  This would lead to some regression (I think) for unchecked checkboxes in lists. (because of window background being used).

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze