D26572: Always render checkbox/radiobutton background

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 13 18:17:24 GMT 2020

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  In D26572#593442 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26572#593442>, @ndavis wrote:

  > In D26572#593379 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26572#593379>, @hpereiradacosta wrote:
  >
  > > in more detail: imagine a color scheme where window background is black, window text is white, view background is white view text is black.
  > >  you will get a white square on a white background for unchecked checkbox ...
  > >  I would really revert this part of the change
  >

  > To be clear, that change hasn't been made.

  I'm confused: it has happened, no ? If I apply the patch I now get a white background (with normal breeze color scheme), behind checkboxes and radio button, always, which was not there before.  This is , I think because of the change at line 3889.

  > You mean a white square on a black background?

  No: if view color is white this would be white square  (window text) on white background (view background).

  > That could look odd if buttons aren't also normally white in that colorscheme, which might indicate that Button Background would be more semantically correct. By the way, the checkboxes already used View Background when selected unless they were drawn on top of a menu.

  No: in general background was not rendered. the View background was used for a special case of selection that happens only in views (if I remember the code right). With the standard breeze color scheme, a checkbox/radio button rendered in a window or a menu would never have a white background (from the view) drawn behind.
  Unlike when applying the current patch.

  > In that case, they used Window Background when selected

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze