D26586: [SystemTray] Rework system tray settings

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 13 14:23:48 GMT 2020

kmaterka added a comment.

  In D26586#593114 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26586#593114>, @mart wrote:

  > fine for me too.

  OK, I will remove this feature.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in ConfigEntries.qml:114
> this should never be necessary and will probably cause bugs.
> It looks like you're trying to workaround some problem? (which should be rather fixed)

Yes, I don't like this neither. It is a workaround for a problem in Kirigami.AbstractListItem. It automatically calculates paddings when scrollbars are detected:
kirigami/src/controls/templates/AbstractListItem.qml$144-165 <https://phabricator.kde.org/source/kirigami/browse/master/src/controls/templates/AbstractListItem.qml$144-165>
It checks if view has scrollbars attached: `internal.view.T2.ScrollBar.vertical`.
I checked other projects (Discover), Kirigami.AbstractListItem is used inside ScrollablePage, which add scrollbars directly to the ListView (defined in custom templates/private/ScrollView.qml <https://phabricator.kde.org/source/kirigami/browse/master/src/controls/templates/private/ScrollView.qml$75>.

I use plain QQC2.ScrollView, which attaches scrollbars to itself, not ListView. As a result scrollbars are not detected and padding is not added.

I don't know how to fix that correctly without duplicating a code in ConfigEntries.qml. I can override leftPadding and rightPadding, but I prefer to use original logic (in case it changes in the future). Can you advice?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace