D26565: KCM/Component Revamp email config

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 13 09:04:12 GMT 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D26565#591581 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26565#591581>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D26565#591542 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26565#591542>, @meven wrote:
  >
  > > Do you mean, we should drop command line text fields, like we have in the terminal and browser section ? Only comboxbox ?
  >

  > We don't want to lose this feature, but the text field that lets you choose a command doesn't need to be always visible, either.

  It means we will need to write .desktop file on the fly which KOpenWithDialog can do.
  Do we want the previously entered commands to appear in the list ?

  > The combobox could have an entry entitled "Terminal Program" and selecting that option would make the text field allowing you to enter a command appear next to the combobox.

  Or open a KOpenWithDialog window.

  >> That would mean we could regroup everything in one tab also just like other DE do.
  >
  > Exactly. Then we don't need tabs at all.

  I will probably do this incrementaly, refactor UIs in all tabs, then get rid of tabs, because this will move quite a bit of code.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop