D26586: [SystemTray] Rework system tray settings

Konrad Materka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 12 21:02:36 GMT 2020

kmaterka added a comment.

  Is it decided (D26530 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26530>)? Correct me if I'm wrong, in Kirigami scrollbars are overlaying with transparent background, Kirigami just adds some paddings when needed. Anyway, to have scrollbar seprated it is better to just add one margin to the list (and remove "rightPadding" I added to header, section and list item).

  In D26586#592052 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26586#592052>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Also for toggling individual sections, I would recommend making the button say "disable all" or "hide all" (depending on what's most accurate) and use the `view-hidden` icon. Then when all items in that category are disabled/hidden, disable all controls and labels for all items in that section.

  OK, will change the icon. I will disable all items. Or I'll just remove this feature...

  > Finally, if it's possible to use alternating stripey background colors instead of lines between items, that's generally preferred for multi-column table-style views.

  In plasmoidviewer all are white, I don't know why it is not the case in real usage. I will fix that.

  In D26586#592057 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26586#592057>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > Also German locale strikes again: The shortcut label (Tastatur-Kurzbefehle) is too long here

  OK, I will fix that. My idea is to get max size of all items in the column and apply it to all elements (like in real table).

  In D26586#592116 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26586#592116>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > I'm not against keeping the separators, but the button to en/disable the whole section seems overkill to me. Chances are that the set of entries you want to have does not exactly align with the categories anyway

  It is not that it is the first feature in KDE that almost no one uses :) But I lean to the idea of removing it. It really does not make much sense to hide whole category, because it applies to all apps - even those you don't know yet. Definitely, it is confusing. For me, as a develop, it is hard to remove features, it break my heart :) From the other side, I understand that is is equally important to add features and to remove useless ones. Do we have any vote against/to keep this feature?
  Note to myself: to remove this, you need to remove all usage of configuration properties: `cfg_*Shown`.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace