D25100: Mark all wallpaper plugins as addons

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 12 05:51:09 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  In D25100#592375 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25100#592375>, @mak wrote:

  > @ngraham Did this have AppStream metadata before? Probably the distribution data still lists this as component, while the new file lists it as addon. The distro data is preferred, so that's why this shows up as app. You need your distro to ship this as update, or set `PreferLocalMetainfoData=true` in  `/etc/appstream.conf` (that should override the distro-provided data with local one, which is nice for development but not usually desired).
  >
  > The output of `appstreamcli dump org.kde.haenau` (or `appstreamcli get org.kde.haenau --details` is also always helpful to investigate issues like this. On my machine (Debian testing) the component is incorrectly marked as "generic component" instead of "addon" due to its metadata (although I would argue that Discover should hide generic components as well, as those may be things like shared libraries and developer tools as well).
  >  Changing it to addon is reflected in the metadata. but to be a valid addon component, it needs to `<extends/>` something.

  I'm afraid I didn't understand much of that, but here's the command output you requested:

    appstreamcli dump org.kde.haenau
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <component>
      <id>org.kde.haenau</id>
      <name>Haenau</name>
      <summary>Haenau wallpaper</summary>
      <project_license>LGPL-2.1</project_license>
      <developer_name>Marco Martin <mart at kde.org></developer_name>
      <pkgname>plasma5-addons</pkgname>
      <url type="homepage">http://kde.org/</url>
      <url type="donation">https://www.kde.org/donate.php?app=org.kde.haenau</url>
      <icon type="stock">preferences-desktop-wallpaper</icon>
    </component>

    appstreamcli get org.kde.haenau --details
    Identifier: org.kde.haenau [generic]
    Name: Haenau
    Package: plasma5-addons
    Homepage: http://kde.org/
    Icon: preferences-desktop-wallpaper
    Developer: Marco Martin <mart at kde.org>
    License: LGPL-2.1

  Was this patch correct? Is there something we should change here?

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons