D25449: Start of the new Formats KCM

Arjen Hiemstra noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 11 18:06:55 GMT 2020

ahiemstra added a comment.

  Note that the interaction model is that way because that's how the system locale works. The KCM sets a bunch of environment variables (LC_ALL and related) which Qt then uses to determine what format to use. These generally correspond to certain country formats. While in theory it might be possible to create custom locales, I have no idea how hard that is to do.

  That said, we could still display an actual format string instead of the country name, as I agree those are pretty useless.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop