D26544: Switch the Plasma Desktop KCMs to using KNewStuffQuick

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 10 14:39:28 GMT 2020

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> main.cpp:254
>
> -void IconModule::getNewStuff(QQuickItem *ctx)
> +void IconModule::ghnsEntriesChanged(const QQmlListReference &changedEntries)
>  {

FWIW, there is an alternative approach that we do in plasma-workspace (shell/containmentconfigview.cpp) for reloading wallpapers types.

kpackage emits a DBus signal when it performs an action, models can listen for this.

We had to do that there because the model was quite separated from the UI.
But it has the advantage that we pick up external changes (i.e through discover or whatever)

> main.cpp:275
> -    if (ctx && ctx->window()) {
> -        m_newStuffDialog->windowHandle()->setTransientParent(ctx->window());
>      }

Does this code still exist? I can't see an equivalent in knewstuff.

It's especially important on wayland

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop