D25449: Start of the new Formats KCM

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 10 14:30:40 GMT 2020

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Got this tested.

  I'm sorry to say that I really really really really don't like the pop-out drawer-style list at all. It's unlike the way we do pop-up lists anywhere else, its list scrolls much too fast, the list items overlap the search field when scrolling, it can't be closed with the escape key and it just overall looks terrible and really feels cosmically wrong to me. Please use a list in an overlaysheet instead, like how the translations KCM does it.

  I think when we redo a KCM, we either need to follow the VDG mockup if there is one, work with them to create one if there isn't one, or else mimic the existing style as closely as possible. Otherwise we just go back and forth with the design in the patch itself which is presumably disheartening and exhausting for poor @tcanabrava. :)

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop