D25449: Start of the new Formats KCM

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 9 16:17:54 GMT 2020

broulik added a comment.

  I'm not a huge fan of that language list selection mode, it's unlike anything we use anywhere else.
  Most importantly, it makes the KCM take *forever* to load as it creates the entire list at once. Instead, you want to use the `ListView` properly so only that part scrolls.
  I also find it quite unclear which part I'm editing now. Also, keyboard navigation is missing there, i.e. I can't click on the language, start typing or use the arrow keys.
  Imho a custom `ComboBox` with a search field in its popup or something like that would be a better control.

INLINE COMMENTS

> formatsettings_impl.cpp:20
> +#include "formatsettings_impl.h"
> +#include "writeexports.h"
> +

This file is missing

> kcm.cpp:47
> +    auto *about = new KAboutData(
> +    QStringLiteral("kcm_formats"), i18n("Formats Configuration Module"),
> +    QStringLiteral("0.1"), QString(), KAboutLicense::GPL,

Just `i18n("Formats")`? "configuration module" is quite geeky

> CountryList.qml:32
> +    QQC2.Label {
> +        text: i18n("Setting locale for ") + currentLocale.text
> +    }

No word puzzzles:

  i18n("Setting locale for %1", currentLocale.text)

> main.qml:79
> +                    id: currency
> +                    text: i18n("Currency: ")
> +                    localeType: kcm.settings.monetary

Why the spaces?

> main.qml:83
> +                    onClicked: countryList.currentLocale = currency
> +                    onLocaleTypeChanged: kcm.settings.currency = time.localeType

Copy paste error?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop