D26261: Rewrite GTK KCM

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 7 17:07:44 GMT 2020

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  When I apply this and go to the rewritten KCM, the comboboxes are both empty: F7867971: Screenshot_20200107_095737.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7867971>

  Also clicking on the Preview buttons does nothing.

  Downloading a new theme using GHNS does not make it appear in the theme list combobox.

  On top of that, applying themes doesn't work: F7867976: demo-2020-01-07_09.58.47.webm <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7867976>

  Given the number of regressions found with simple testing, I'm not comfortable doing this so close to the release of an LTS plasma version. Just in general, huge patches of this size are not really reviewable and don't make sense unless you're also planning on becoming the maintainer.

  Given the proximity of the Plasma 5.18 feature freeze, I would suggest finding a way to unify the KCMs that does not require such drastic code changes.

REPOSITORY
  R99 KDE Gtk Configuration Tool