D26241: Remove Kirigami DelegateRecycler

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 6 17:02:43 GMT 2020

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Sounds like

  BUG: 404518
  BUG: 411795

  Which we have quite a lot of dupes of :/

  We know this bug went away with Qt5.14, so maybe it's worth just merging this simple fix.
  Wait for @notmart, but I say lets merge this into Plasma 5.17.x

  +1

  ----

  I do have a theory of what's wrong underneath.

  ConfigModule owns the QML context. It sets itself as a context property. Context properties have to outlive the QML context they are assigned.

  ConfigModuleDervied::~ConfigModuledDerived gets run before ConfigModule::~ConfigModule() which is where we delete the QML context - which means we have a small period of time where a QML accessing a the "kcm" config property is in an awkward state. I suspect something about the translations KCM shutdown must be triggering a binding re-evaluation at this phase.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace