D27503: [KCM Spellchecking] port to KPropertySkeletonItem

Kevin Ottens noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 27 11:13:26 GMT 2020

ervin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> bport wrote in spellchecking.cpp:88
> no load only do findItem for managed widget on the skeleton

Sure but still, the skeleton is expected to be already be in a "loaded" state at that point, that's why it works for the items (otherwise a findItem wouldn't be enough, it'd have to call readConfig on them or load on the whole skeleton, and it doesn't). I think the problem is more that in the ctor of the skeleton you initialize the items just fine but you don't initialize the extra properties you need a call to usrRead() at the end of that ctor.

> bport wrote in spellcheckingskeleton.cpp:51
> Yes is necessary no code is run after that so nobody will take care of saving this skeleton.

Ah right it does the writeConfig calls first... there's really some "interesting" design choices in KCoreConfigSkeleton...

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop