D27555: Add a category for kde-only and gnome-only apps

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 22 00:54:28 GMT 2020

apol added a comment.

  In D27555#615425 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27555#615425>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > -1
  >
  > This "Only KDE apps on KDE, only GNOME apps on Gnome" is an attitude we need to leave behind, not reinforce by introducing such filters.
  >
  > The original bug report is only about mobile, which is an entirely different story

  I don't entirely disagree. It's been what I've been saying for years, but people keep insisting and I get tired.

  On the other hand, I don't see a big problem with highlighting some important providers in our small corner of the world. In the end, there is value in highlighting the work of communities with a track record.

  In D27555#615427 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27555#615427>, @pino wrote:

  > Whatever is the outcome of this, please do not use contractions, as they are obscure and they may not work in non-English languages.

  I don't know, it seems to me app is a thing nowadays.
  https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/app

  > Also, what about other DEs such as XFCE, LxQt, Cinnamon, Mate, etc?

  It's about Gnome and KDE, not Gnome and Plasma.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store