Policy Changes: Bugzilla statuses

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Fri Feb 21 15:31:49 GMT 2020

On 2/21/20 12:55 AM, Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> Am 21.02.20 um 00:18 schrieb Nate Graham:
>> We don't have to make VHI-priority bugs release blockers per se, but
>> rather treat them as "please fix this before the release or else users
>> will complain a lot" type of bugs.
>
> There's no point in marking infamous and half a decade old bugs like the
> nvidia panel repaint bug as VHI i.e. "release blocker" as nobody will
> care about the policy when it's clearly pointless.

Judging by the number of duplicates, it's clearly a major issue. Is it
unfixable from our side? If so, then we should close it with an
appropriate message. Otherwise I think it makes sense to prioritize.

I can bump it down to HI though. But if people just ignore all the HI
bugs, then there's no point in that either. Ultimately the purpose of
prioritizing bugs is to communicate that they're considered especially
important to fix. :)

Nate