D27426: [KRDB] Rename GTK colours to be exported

Ongun Kanat noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 20 01:24:00 GMT 2020

ongunkanat added a comment.

  Hi,

  I am the reporter of this bug. I saw the e-mail but never had time to comment on the issue. It seems it has been approved quite fast. I am glad that it is at least possible to modify the style and GTK accepts those changes without hassle.

  However I have a suggestion to make it more clear for 3rd party developers. The suffix `_breeze` seems like only Breeze-GTK can follow those colors but if it works on Breeze-GTK probably other themes can also implement same color class names with the `_breeze`. So from a 3rd party GTK theme developer's point of view it looks like a Breeze specific feature although they probably can implement Plasma compatibility for their own theme too if they want to follow KDE's API.

  So in my humble opinion using `_plasma` or `_kde_plasma` suffix would be a clearer and better indicator for this feature.

  Thanks for the effort!

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  krdb-rename-color (branched from master)