D27481: [WIP]Panel spacer that can center things

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 19 10:12:04 GMT 2020

broulik added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> main.xml:15
>          <label>length in pixels of the spacer. Configuration effective only if expanding is set to false.</label>
> +        <default>-1</default>
>      </entry>

Please mention in the label what `-1` means

> main.qml:30
> +
> +    z: 9999
> +    property bool horizontal: plasmoid.formFactor !== PlasmaCore.Types.Vertical

Why that?

> main.qml:68
> +        action.checkable = true;
> +        action.checked = plasmoid.configuration.expanding;
> +

Could be a `Qt.binding`?

> main.qml:77
> +        // Every time this binding gets reevaluated we want to queue a recomputation of the size hints
> +        relayoutTimer.restart();
> +        if (!twinSpacer || !panelLayout || !leftTwin || !rightTwin) {

Does `Qt.callLater(foo)` work? It also compresses subsequent calls to the same method (i.e. doesn't work with a closure)

> main.qml:95
> +        for (var i in panelLayout.children) {
> +            if (!panelLayout.children[i].visible) {
> +                continue;

Please cache `panelLayout.children[i]` in a variable to make the code below somewhat more readable

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace