D27467: make sure ifa_addr isn't null

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 17 21:49:14 GMT 2020

sitter created this revision.
sitter added a reviewer: ngraham.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  the manpage:

    The ifa_addr field points to a structure containing the interface
    address.  (The sa_family subfield should be consulted to determine
    the format of the address structure.)  This field may contain a null
    pointer.

  why that exactly happens I do not know in absence of more debug info.
  I expect it's something to do with an interface being up but not quite
  somehow. I utterly failed to simulate this though :|
  because of that I do not know if such a device has any use being listed,
  and I am adding some possibly relevant debug output in the hopes of
  maybe getting some data reported.
  if these devices still turn out useful, the MyNIC construction needs
  partially moving before the ifa_addr check.

  BUG: 417798
  FIXED-IN: 5.18.1

TEST PLAN
  hoping for the best!