Monday meeting notes from 17/2/2020

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 12:09:26 GMT 2020

Kai Uwe:
Notifications:
* File transfer labels in details section only grow, never shrink
    * Keeps the dialog from constantly resizing when copying many small files
* Fixed Telegram to check action ID when invoked, in preparation for
new quick reply API using the action signal instead
* Investigated notification issues in autostart applications
    * Telegram's stupid notification implementation uses
`QDBusInterface` and the `Introspect` call isn't allowed by Snap
sandbox
* Contacted owner of notification spec files to see if they're still around
    * Forwarded me to someone else, no reply from them yet
Other:
* Fixed new styles KCM showing wrong window title in style config dialog
* Fixed crash in DataEngineManager when NullEngine is loaded (e.g.
geolocation missing in night color)
* Investigated a crash on plasmashell teardown
* Was looking into System Tray icons breaking with `AttentionIcon`
    * Very odd. The role is in the data source, it's in the data
model,, it is in gammaray, yet it ends up missing when actually in the
delegate?!
Plasma Sprint:
Got in touch with TUXEDO and they will host this year's Plasma sprint!
>From 18 till 26 April in Augsburg, Germany.
Make sure to add yourselves to the wiki:
https://community.kde.org/Sprints/Plasma/2020

Jonathan:
* released 5.18
* it was fabulous
* although had some bugs
* all to be fixed for tomorrow's 5.18.1
* meeting on thursday for 5.19 kickoff
* Thursday 20th Feb 2020 15:00UTC/16:00CET

Bhushan:
- Working on new PlaMo images for pinephone
- Did look into halium 9 briefly for newer devices (sony xperia xa2)
- Struggled with Qt bug which makes it assume wrong prefix on arm64
- Workarounded in neon for now

Nico:
* Not super much this week, mostly recovering from fosdem/plamo sprint
* For more details on those check my recent blog post
* Diff 26918 "Improve KNotification API docs" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D26918
* Still more to do
* Diff 26769 "Always strip html if server does not support it" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D26769
* Diff 26604 "Check if there is an activatable service when
notification service owner changes" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D26604
* Diff 26605 "Remove fallback to KPassivePopup" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D26605
* Diff 22544 "[RFC] Deprecate KPassivePopup" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D22544
* Diff 27434 "Improve readme" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D27434

David E:
* I fixed a bunch of things
* the most fun was the combo shortcut keys for plasma getting lost
* turns out the toolbox, despite being invisible, had an auto attached
accelerator on alt+d which ate everything
* One thing I'd like to mention in the meeting. In kirigami imports,
it's important we always use Kirigami.Units and not "units."
Task 12708 "Drop units singleton being exported from the Kirigami
desktop theme plugin" [Open,Needs Triage] {KF6}
https://phabricator.kde.org/T12708

Arjen:
* I did a bunch of fixes relating to scrollbars
* Diff 27379 "Baloo KCM: Do not anchor fill ScrollView" [Closed]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D27379
* Diff 27382 "KCM: Fix connection list background and padding"
[Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D27382
* there's one issue that I've found however that I'm not sure yet how
to resolve, but basically the applet configuration dialog will also
overlap scrollbars when sized too small
* Diff 27362 "Linux/cpuinfo.c: grow buffer size as needed for 12+ core
CPUs" [Accepted] https://phabricator.kde.org/D27362 turns out 640k
isn't enough for everyone :p