D27438: Set System Tray Plasmoid spacing value from 0 to units.smallSpacing

Dominic Hayes noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 16 19:41:18 GMT 2020

The-Feren-OS-Dev planned changes to this revision.
The-Feren-OS-Dev marked an inline comment as done.
The-Feren-OS-Dev added a comment.

  Managed to come to a good compromise, however now I've hit a bit of a roadblock.

  I've found that by editing these lines:

    property int left: Math.round(units.smallSpacing / 2)
    property int top: Math.round(units.smallSpacing / 2)
    property int right: Math.round(units.smallSpacing / 2)
    property int bottom: Math.round(units.smallSpacing / 2)

  ...to replace them with this:

    property int left: Math.round(units.smallSpacing * 0.85)
    property int top: Math.round(units.smallSpacing * 0.85)
    property int right: Math.round(units.smallSpacing * 0.85)
    property int bottom: Math.round(units.smallSpacing * 0.85)

  ...provides a better looking tray while not being that big spacing wise, while ALSO increasing hitboxes for each tray icon in the process:
  F8107457: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8107457>

  However, there's one problem: Those lines aren't in the file currently being patched. They are there on the compiled version of the file, but for some reason they seem to be absent from the pre-compiled version of the file. I'll do some investigation, however for now I'll just mark as Changed Planned until I find a solution to the roadblock preventing me from replacing this patch with a better rendition of it.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace