D27384: [KCM Fonts] force need save to false during load to avoid state to be true too early

Dominic Hayes noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 13 21:47:12 GMT 2020

The-Feren-OS-Dev added a comment.

  In D27384#611135 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27384#611135>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > I still don't fully understand the bug and the fix
  >
  > So what we're saying is:
  >  Something changes us to needs save early on startup
  >  We emit changed early
  >  That gets lost (?)
  >  So we have to reset back to unchanged after loading so that future changes will enable the apply button?

  In case it makes any more sense: The bug made Fonts KCM never indicate that unsaved changes have been made, meaning you can never Apply any changes since it doesn't think anything was changed that is now pending being applied. Apply is always insensitive. This patch however fixes that for me and others who were affected by this issue.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop