monday meeting notes for 10/2/2020

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 11:15:42 GMT 2020

Kai Uwe:
Notifications:
* Started a thread on standardizing the inline-reply feature on XDG mailing list
    * https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2020-February/014227.html
    * The spec we came up with is incompatible with what I added in
5.18 but seems generally nicer
    * Will update Telegram and Plasma 5.18.x once a consensus is
reached (or my patience ran out in a few weeks)
* Made a quick reply implementation for libnotify, Electron, Chromium,
halted until XDG spec
* Notification popups no longer avoid themselves (since they can have
focus now with quick reply)
Other:
* Started a thread on sunsetting KRDB:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2020-February/110655.html
* Removed KCMInit Phase 2 which could ease transition to systemd user
session stuff
* Fixed KRDB not applying default color scheme to KDE4
* Fixed reboot to firmware setup breakage after KConfigXT porting
* Been looking at organizing a Plasma sprint End of April, will send
mail to plasma-devel once more details are known

David E:
* Things are surpsingly calm with a release coming
* I fixed a crash with plasmashell and wayland, and kinfocenter not loading
* RE: Kai's comment about kcminit
    I've been updating https://phabricator.kde.org/T11914 with some
notes from FOSDEM
    Task 11914 "Merge plasma-systemd-integration" [Open,Needs Triage]
{Plasma} https://phabricator.kde.org/T11914

Marco:
* last week, fosdem and then plamo psrint
* where i worked mostly on the homescreen
* should be a bit prettier now, less grey rectangles everywhere
* tough i don't have detailed notes yet
* the week before that i didn't send yet, is:
# Plasma
* fix colors of tooltips on plasmoid without background
* Look and feel packages can define a wallpaper in their defaults,
should hopefully fix the wallpaper issue for 5.18
* Started to investigate changes in the panelspacer applet to make it
able to center things in the panel like Latte does
# Systemsettings
* continue with the infocenter mode
# Kirigami
* investigate binding loops in AbstractListview
* fix layout issues in FormLayout
# Plasma-mobile
* restoring volume osd and wifi autoconnect