D27079: Don't escape search text in search page title

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 7 13:43:58 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  But again, what user would actually write, by hand, "<b>potato</b>" in the search field? When users type into a search field, they don't add HTML styling. That only happens if they're copying and pasting from another source. In this case, if that do that and the tags come along for the ride, I'm claiming that the tags are unintentional and should be stripped to reflect the user's true intent--which is to search for the word "potato".

  I feel like I'm missing something here.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store