D27160: [mediacontroller] WIP: Visually refresh media controller plasmoid

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 5 01:51:22 GMT 2020

ngraham added subscribers: manueljlin, ngraham.
ngraham added a reviewer: manueljlin.
ngraham added a comment.

  Overall very nice. I think it's a good visual direction. However it's not totally consistent with @manueljlin's mockups in T10470 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10470> so let's make sure he's happy too.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ExpandedRepresentation.qml:178
> +            height: visible ? undefined : 0
> +
> +            textRole: "text"

whitespace

> ExpandedRepresentation.qml:180
> +            textRole: "text"
> +
> +            Layout.alignment: Qt.AlignHCenter

whitespace

> ExpandedRepresentation.qml:249
> +
> +                    color: softwareRendering ? undefined : "white"

Is a hardcoded white color always guaranteed to look good even when the album art is very light? Is the blurred background always going to be dark enough?

> ExpandedRepresentation.qml:251
>
> -            usesPlasmaTheme: false
> -        }
> -    }
> +                    textFormat: Text.PlainText
> +                    wrapMode: Text.Wrap

I think that's the default, no?

> ExpandedRepresentation.qml:281
> +
> +                    visible: text !== ""
> +                    text: {

`text.length !== 0` is a bit faster

> ExpandedRepresentation.qml:332
> +            Layout.fillWidth: true
> +            Layout.maximumWidth: Math.min(800, expandedRepresentation.width*(7/10))
> +

If the user does something a bit silly like making the applet as big as the whole screen, they might prefer if the seek bar is really long

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace