D27113: Delete cache when resetting user settings

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 3 09:13:27 GMT 2020

filipf added a comment.

  In D27113#604956 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27113#604956>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Can you explain what happens that would require us to delete the cache and why this isn't the case when you change colour themes on a regular session.

  The difference is that we don't change the color scheme when resetting SDDM user settings, we delete kdeglobals. In a regular session the color scheme entry only gets updated, not deleted.

  I see that it could be suggested that we reset the colors to Breeze instead of deleting them, but I know some distributions (e.g. Manjaro) hack SDDM theming from somewhere else so we shouldn't override that. SDDM's default state is an empty `.config` dir anyway.

  Back to the issue at hand - these theme cache files seem unreadable to me, but what I presume happens is that a Plasma theme gets generated with a specific color scheme and when there is no other color scheme specified to recolor the Plasma theme, the cached theme recolored with old colors ends up being used.

REPOSITORY
  R123 SDDM Configuration Panel (KCM)