Monday Meeting notes for 2020-12-28

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Mon Dec 28 11:35:27 GMT 2020

Hi all,

find below today's meeting notes. Small round because of the holidays,
see you next year!

fvogt:
* I've only got
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/532 to
raise [login-sessions: (Correctly) set the correct filename depending on
default session type]

alex:
* When we discussed clang-format last time we agreed that a pre-commit
hook would be very good, I made a proposal here
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/extra-cmake-modules/-/merge_requests/65
* In that MR I am not entirely sure how we should handle the case when
clang-format is not installed. I am not sure if we should force it^^
* And maybe rename this little function to sth. more generic? In case we
add a QML formatter or sth. else in the future?

kbroulik:
KRunner:
* Add support for custom pixmap in DBusRunner, can we get this in now?
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/krunner/-/merge_requests/48
* Size category sidebar dynamically for more room,
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/milou/-/merge_requests/19 not too happy
with the result though
xdg-desktop-portal:
* No feedback on ScreenCast inhibition whatsoever..
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/xdg-desktop-portal-kde/-/merge_requests/33
plasma-browser-integration:
* Haven't heard back from Microsoft yet about some Edge questions
* Browser history runner, no feedback whatsoever, will just merge it
once the custom pixmap stuff is in.
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-browser-integration/-/merge_requests/20
PowerDevil:
* Wrote a plugin for acpi platform_profiles
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/powerdevil/-/merge_requests/34
     * Compiled kernel with the relevant patches but didn't show up for
me. PowerDevil patch seems straightforward enough though
Plasma:
* Found regression breaking ProgressBar width, can we get this in now?
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/plasma-framework/-/merge_requests/172
* Found a questionable behavior change in KWin breaking Spectacle, KFind
and possibly many others. Please review a remedy
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-integration/-/merge_requests/15
Other:
* Wrote thumbnailer for Animated Windows Cursors (ANI) :D
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kimageformats/-/merge_requests/10

! The Plasma and KRunner ones are actually important since Frameworks
tagging for the version Plasma 5.21 will depend on is coming up !