Type=FSDevice desktop files

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Mon Apr 27 08:11:37 BST 2020

Hi,

 > Would it be OK if we dropped support for desktop files that represent
devices?
 > This was a KDE1/KDE2/KDE3? feature, you'd write/ship a desktop file
with Type=FSDevice and Dev=/dev/sdc and this would give you Mount and
Unmount in the context menu.

I believe macOS to this day automatically adds storage devices to the
desktop so I could imagine a use case here.

However, with auto-discovery, device notifier, UDisks, etc, I think it's
quite a niche, and I'd happily see this feature gone :)

Cheers
Kai Uwe