D28317: Adjust default color scheme and titlebar appearance for Tools Area

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 23 18:23:25 BST 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  How are you guys feeling about the colors here? The Tools Area color currently used in this patch and the mockups demos well, but I'm starting to wonder if we're regressing usability in the process. I'm starting to think that the color isn't dark enough to adequately signal that a window is active or inactive. Current Breeze is very obvious about this, but the new color is quite subtle, especially for windows with only a titlebar. It's more obvious in windows with a large Tools Area like Okular or Gwenview since there's a large area of color change and all the text and icons lighten too, but I feel like for windows with less stuff in the Tools Area (e.g. dialogs and 3rd-party apps) it takes me longer to figure out at a glance which window is active than it did before. Do other folks find the same thing? I wonder if we might want to experiment with making the Titlebar/Tools Area gray color a touch darker. Thoughts?

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze