D29081: [QStyle] Make menu titles look less like menu items

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 22 06:19:23 BST 2020

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added reviewers: VDG, Breeze.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The look of Breeze menu titles has always slightly bothered me since they have the same
  visual style and weighting as items, so they look clickable even though they aren't, and
  they don't really do a very good job of separating sections, as seems to be their purpose.
  This patch my my attempt to remedy the situation by making them look more "title-like"
  and have greater visual distinctiveness from the items above and below them.

TEST PLAN
  Plasma Task Manager item context menu, before: F8252758: Before.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8252758>
  Plasma Task Manager context menu, after: F8252755: After.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8252755>

  KMoreTools menu, before: F8252757: Before, spectacle.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8252757>
  KMoreTools menu, after: F8252756: After, spectacle.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8252756>

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

BRANCH
  menu-title-looks-less-like-a-menu-item (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  kstyle/breezestyle.cpp