D29074: Make BasicListItem more useful by giving it a subtitle property

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 21 23:28:48 BST 2020

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added reviewers: VDG, Kirigami, mart.
Herald added a project: Kirigami.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Right now `BasicListItem` is quite limited and therefore not very useful.

  We have this paradigm *all over the place* of a double-height list item with an
  icon, a title, and a smaller/lighter subtitle below it. Right now neither
  BasicListItem nor SwipeListItem supports this natively, so wherever we use this,
  we have to manufacture it by hand, leading to every implementation looking
  inconsistent. That seems like a shame.

  This patch addresses that situation by adding support for this paradigm to
  `BasicListItem`, which is given a `subtitle` property that will display a second
  label in a smaller, lighter font below the title label (I did not use level 4
  and 5 `Heading`s because this would result in an appearance change for list
  items without subtitles, as the level 4 `Heading` is larger than the `Label`).
  It is also changed to be allowed to not display an icon, which is more common
  with title+subtitle list items.

  Then a `BasicListItem` can be used as the `contentItem` for `SwipeListItems`,
  producing the desired visual consistency wherever we use either of the list
  items.

TEST PLAN
  Test with DDDD. No visual or behavioral changes
  Open Kirigami gallery or Discover. No visual changes

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami

BRANCH
  more-capable-BasicListItem (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/controls/BasicListItem.qml
  src/controls/plugins.qmltypes