D28627: Adaptive panel opacity

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 20 18:20:44 BST 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  In D28627#652538 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28627#652538>, @niccolove wrote:

  > Actually -- this seems to no longer apply panel internal margins?

  Works for me.

  In terms of the UI and the scope, I have to agree with @apol though, and maybe go a bit further: I think this should be either a global setting that applies to all transparent Plasma stuff (dialogs, pop-ups, panels, widgets, etc) or a setting specific to the Breeze Plasma theme--which would first require that we create such a UI (Plasma Theme Explorer doesn't count).

  Having it only affect the panel feels a bit off TBH. If I'm the kind of person who hates transparency, I want it off for everything else too. If I'm in the target user group who doesn't change the defaults, I'll think it's weird that the panel itself becomes opaque for a maximized window, but not the pop-ups for widgets on that panel.

  Also I see an interesting visual glitch when a window is un-maximized: F8249600: vokoscreenNG-2020-04-20_11-10-47.webm <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8249600>

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop