D28509: RFC: [libnotificationmanager] introduce the notification watcher

Bhushan Shah noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 17 15:30:17 BST 2020

bshah added a comment.

  Great! Since phab ate my nice commit message here we go,

  I've re-worked previous revision of patch little bit differently,

  - Instead of originally planned Watcher class, now there is WatchedNotificationsModel
  - Most if not all of original NotificationsModel code is now moved to AbstractNotificationsModel (this move is why the patch looks giant, but there's not that much extra code)
  - WatchedNotificationsModel extends AbstractNM, and instead of connecting to notification server instance directly, it talks with notificationmanager dbus interface
  - And when methods on this bus are called, it adds data in model.

  There's some bugs and todos, but they are small enough:

  - Unregister watcher when dbus service disappears
  - Fix the notification body being weird xml
  - Maybe add the test.qml I used for testing in repository

  I particularly need direction/help for issue 2.

  As for testing this, I made sure that all functions of notifications are functional in the notification applet in plasmoidviewer and on watcher side checked if actions are correctly invoked, notifications are added removed properly.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace