D28859: Detect QQC2 version at build time with actual detection.

Xuetian Weng noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 15 22:02:02 BST 2020

xuetianweng added a comment.

  In D28859#649191 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28859#649191>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > I don't understand.
  >
  > We're still running this at compile time, so what's the practical difference?

  The old implement hard-codes it to (minor_version - 7), which is the old contract.

  This commit message says it will ties the version with minor version. (I don't think this will change anymore, because patch version will not introduce new API anyway).
  https://github.com/qt/qtquickcontrols2/commit/3c7bfc156797b2f3ef08a8cf620b79da80e4b061

  In order to cover both cases, this code is doing the check simply checking minor , minor - 1.... until it finds the highest available version.

REPOSITORY
  R858 Qt Quick Controls 2: Desktop Style