D28627: Adaptive panel opacity

Niccolò Venerandi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 13 16:25:49 BST 2020

niccolove added a comment.

  I feel like it makes sense for the user to want to use a opaque panel rather than a transparent one. Also, that relies on themes actually turning on the effect, while users could already benefit from it even on current themes if the setting was exposed. Also, that allows for making only some panels adaptive, unity-stile.  However, as far as I know, there's no [easy] way to detect transparency from the theme. I might be wrong here.

  - During the transition from transparent to opaque, the panel becomes immediately gray and then trasitions. I guess that's because you turn off blur at the beginning of the animation?
  - This should also be implemented for plasmoids popups as well, in order for them to integrate correctly:

  F8234048: Screenshot_20200413_171827.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8234048>

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop