Update on Status of Gitlab Migration

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 22:01:27 BST 2020

El sáb., 11 de abr. de 2020 a la(s) 16:26, Johan Ouwerkerk
(jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com) escribió:

> On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 8:39 PM Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, the hostname git.kde.org will be fully retired as part of this transition.
> >
> > From my understanding kdesrc-build will automatically pick this up
> > once we update sysadmin/repo-metadata to show the new repository
> > paths.
> > This is something we'll confirm with mpyne though to ensure we can
> > make the cutover as smooth as possible.
> >

> Just to be clear, my understanding based on reading the
> `Updated/Git.pm` module is that KDE repo paths are abstracted via
> ~/.gitconfig URL remapping using `insteadOf`and `pushInsteadOf`.
> Currently the code manipulates the user's ~/.gitconfig to bind the
> correct mappings to the `kde:` prefix (this happens even before
> cloning sysadmin repos for metadata).
>
> So if my understanding of the code is correct, the entire switch over
> is transparent provided that kdesrc-build is updated beforehand to set
> the updated value for `pushInsteadOf`. We already have the same
> mechanism in place in kdesrc-build for ensuring that people use
> https://anongit.kde.org instead of git://anongit.kde.org when
> cloning/fetching.

Changing .gitconfig won't be enough, per-repo changes will still be
needed (although kdesrc-build could be updated to do those for you
too).

Currently if a project moves to gitlab, you need to change
git at git.kde.org:kdenlive to git at invent.kde.org:kde/kdenlive (note the
kde/ addition). If that was all, in principle you could use insteadOf
to map kde: to "git at invent.kde.org:kde/". But depending on future
discussions about structure, it's possible that eg. kcoreaddons will
end up moving to frameworks/kcoreaddons rather than kde/kcoreaddons.

--
Nicolás