D27972: [NightColor] fix for plasmoid status and tooltip subtext

Piotr Dabrowski noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 10 21:41:15 BST 2020

pdabrowski added a comment.

  In D27972#645441 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D27972#645441>, @ngraham wrote:

  > It almost sounds like we need a "full manual control" mode where it's expected that the system tray applet or keyboard shortcut will be used to turn it on and off on demand.

  Well, isn't this what current inhibition mode does anyway? Both in manual/always-on and in timed modes.

  And yes, I have a global shortcut set for this tray icon :) And it somewhat works.
  The only annoying issue is that the tray widget for "Night Color Control" gets shown whenever I press this shortcut.

  And btw "Night Color Control" widget is completely empty. And it is possible to run into this empty widget - either with the shortcut as mentioned above, or using the vertical bar with icons when the tray icon is hidden.
  This widget could probably contain (at least) the information from the tooltip as mocked above or in D26688 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26688>. Or maybe even some settings (color temperature slidebar?).