D28057: Fix/Allow folderview popup mode icon and list icon size

Alexandre Pereira noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 10 02:12:49 BST 2020

pereira.alex added a comment.

  In D28057#645164 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28057#645164>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I would give each view mode its own config value and adjust the code with conditionals; that's not a problem. There are no backwards compatibility concerns here if you do that, except for people currently using list view with gigantic icons, which will become small, fixing the bug. If they complain, we can just tell them that it was a bug and if they want huge list icons again, they'll have to configure them that way deliberately. :)
  >
  > Alternatively we can give up on allowing the icon size in list view to be configured and just always use a small size.

  Sorry, maybe i didn't explain it very well: that was like I had previously, but in that way, it would actually not fix the bug. the bug is that the rest of the plasmoid relies on a default size value. ( which I believe was the original bug report and what I wanted to fix ).

  Maybe its just coding styles/schools, but I honestly think its better this way, update the size when configuring and then use default size everywhere, than adding bunch of conditions through out the code, being error prone.

  but well, if it must be so... then ok

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop